Unfortunately, flood damage could happen to anyone. While this coverage is NOT included in your homeowners policy, taking the precaution to get a flood policy is an extremely useful tool. Contact us today to discuss your flood risks and to receive your quote. Remember, flood policies take 30 days to take effect; get your policy now, prior to hurricane/flood season.
Steps to take when dealing with flood damage:
- Take the necessary steps to protect your property from future damage.
- Set aside damaged property for further inspection. Do not dispose of anything.
- If you must dispose of a damaged item, document and take as many photos as possible.
- Keep samples of the damage for the adjuster (i.e. cut a piece of carpet).
- Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! Take photos of the loss and all damaged property
- List areas that may have structural damage
- Track all claim-related expenses and keep copies of all receipts.
- List the quantity of each item
- Clean up costs
- Description, brand, cost, serial #, etc.