The limits specific to your homeowners policy will protect you for the coverage listed. Other than the headache associated with experiencing a property loss, policy premiums could rise for you based on your claims history. In order to help deter the possibility of loss, and from incurring higher premium amounts, we’d like to provide you some tips and tricks to help protect your property.
- Furnaces should be inspected and serviced each fall by a licensed professional.
- Clothes dryer vents should be kept clean, and gas clothes dryers should be inspected on an annual basis.
- Smoke alarms should be inspected twice a year to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Roofs should be inspected on an annual basis by a qualified professional.
- The purchase of a water detection system should be considered. These systems are designed to detect a water leak immediately.
- The washing machine hoses should be periodically checked since these hose failures cause millions of dollars of water losses each year.
- Burglary alarm systems should be considered, particularly for homes in high crime areas.
- Valuable papers, coins, stamps, and related items should be stored in a safety deposit box at the bank.
If you have some tips or tricks you’d like to share, post them to our facebook!